The Movement for the Survival of Ogoni People (MOSOP) is an Ogoni-based non-governmental, non-political apex organisation of the Ogoni ethnic minority people of South-Eastern Nigeria and was founded in 1990 with the mandate to campaign non-violently to:
• Promote democratic awareness;
• Protect the environment of the Ogoni People;
• Seek social, economic and physical development for the region;
• Protect the cultural rights and practices of the Ogoni people; and
• Seek appropriate rights of self-determination for the Ogoni people.